Club Employers Mutual - Frequently Asked Questions
What is Club Employers Mutual?
- Club Employers Mutual (CEM) is specialised Workers Compensation Insurance scheme for the NSW Club industry.
- CEM is owned jointly by ClubsNSW and Employers Mutual Ltd.
What organisations are eligible to be insured by CEM?
- Clubs that are members of ClubsNSW and employers that operate predominantly within WorkCover Industry Classification code (WIC) 574000 (Clubs) are eligible to be insured by CEM.
How does CEM calculate my premium?
- All CEM premiums are based on the prevailing WorkCover NSW formula.
How much could my club save by switching my insurance to CEM?
- As an introductory offer, eligible clubs who take out a policy with CEM may receive a discount up to 7.5% off the WorkCover premium*.
How can CEM offer a discount on my premium when it really is just a Government levy?
- CEM operates under a specialised insurer licence granted by WorkCover NSW for the purpose of underwriting workers compensation insurance for clubs.
- Under this license, CEM will be able to charge rates that are less that the rates charged by other WorkCover Scheme Agents.
What are some of the advantages of joining CEM?
In addition to policy discounts, there are many reasons why clubs should look to be covered by CEM, including:
- Efficient and experienced claims management services: CEM case manager case loads are 20-30% below other insurance companies which will allow the CEM insured employer to receive more personalised service.
- Ongoing support from industry professionals: Talk to people who know your industry and challenges, and find out how you can ensure early return to work outcomes and reduced premiums.
- CEM’s ongoing adherence to industry Service Level Commitments (SLC)
- Access to great benefits: CEM policy holders gain access many great benefits including free access to a Work Health and Safety (WHS) online management tool and association driven training and education programs.
How can I find out more?
How do I join CEM?
How do I get a quote for my next years policy?
*CEM Premium discount is related to the size of the organisation, past Workers Compensation performance and evidence of undertaking proactive WHS measures. Introductory offer is valid for all new CEM premiums taken out between 30 June, 2012 and 29 June, 2013.