2:20pm, 13th August, 2021
Patrons without smart phones can now check into venues using a registered COVID-19 check-in card instead of signing in manually or through other means.
Individuals without a smartphone will be able to register for the card from today and clubs should expect to see the cards presented to their venue. The card will include patron details, as well as a QR code that businesses may scan (details below).
Clubs are not obligated to accept and scan the COVID-19 check-in card. However, Service NSW recommends venues use the card to ease the burden of record keeping for businesses and reduce customer queuing by enabling a quicker electronic check-in process.
How do clubs check in customers who have a COVID-19 check-in card?
Clubs that registered as COVID Safe received a unique Service NSW business online webform URL. The online webform can be displayed on a venue-supplied digital device, such as a mobile or tablet.
To check in a customer using their COVID-19 check-in card, a club must:
- Open the unique business online webform on a smart device.
- Click on the ‘Scan a COVID-19 check-in card’ link on the online webform (link can be found above the ‘First name’ field).
- When the camera app opens, use the camera to scan the QR code on the COVID-19 check-in card.
- When the QR code is scanned, the online webform automatically pre-fills with the customer’s registered information.
- Confirm the customer’s registered information is correct by showing them the details on the screen.
- Click the red check-in button. Check-in will be confirmed with a green tick.
Clubs should be aware that the QR code on a COVID-19 check-in card cannot be scanned through the camera app directly as the QR code is encrypted and can only be read by the online webform.
For more information or any questions, please contact the ClubsNSW Members Enquiries Centre.