5:00pm, 2nd December, 2020
Member clubs are advised that, today, the NSW Premier announced a major easing of COVID-19 restrictions in hospitality venues, including clubs, to commence on Monday, 7 December 2020.
Under the changes announced by the Premier:
- The 4 square metre rule is being removed, and density limits in clubs will be determined in accordance with 1 patron per 2 square metres. The 2 square metre rule will apply to venues of all sizes as well as indoor and outdoor areas. The 4 square metre rule will continue to apply to gymnasiums and nightclubs.
- There will no longer be any caps. This means that the 300-person venue cap will be removed, as well as caps on functions and events (as noted below, all types of functions and events can now be held).
- Patrons will be permitted to stand in outdoor areas. Patrons in indoor areas will still be required to remain seated.
- There will be no limit on the size of a group, gathering, booking or reservation, which means clubs will no longer be limited to holding “corporate events” and all types of functions and events can now be held, including Christmas events and birthday celebrations.
- Up to 50 people will be permitted to dance at any one time. This means that, at a wedding held in a club, up to 50 people can dance. The 50 people who can dance at any one time can change throughout the event.
Clubs will still be required to register and comply with a COVID-19 Safety Plan as well as other prescribed measures, such as physical distancing of 1.5 metres, mandatory electronic sign-in, and the use of COVID-19 Safety Hygiene Marshals.
A new COVID-19 Safety Plan which incorporates these changes is likely to apply to clubs upon the easing of restrictions.
For more information or any questions, please contact the ClubsNSW Members Enquiries Centre.